The resources we use to support children with SEN depend upon their needs and they are allocated on an individual basis. Once your child has been identified as SEN, their needs will be assessed and targets and outcomes will be identified. It is the responsibility of the SENCO to ensure that the resources that are required are made available and that staff are aware of their individual needs. We are very flexible in our approach and we constantly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our interventions and the provision that we provide.
- As part of our staff professional development, all members of staff received training to support children with SEND:
- School-based CPD – systems and procedures, staff audit, staff planning and agreed action points.
- ‘SEN Outcomes –good quality outcomes, SEN Support Plans and Primary Areas of Need’.
- Supporting children with ASD.
- Sensory Specialist Training – Sensory Issues for Pupils, Sensory Classrooms.
- Behaviour Management, Disability Awareness, Moving and Handling, Dyslexia, Physical Impairments and Speech and Language Difficulties.
Attachment Difficulties, Low Mood, Anxieties.